The Birthday by Marc Chagall
Q: How old is your blog?
A: Baxter and I were asked this question in person yesterday by a reader. And when I replied, “Almost seven years old!” the reader was completely surprised. Then, when Baxter and I went into a whole explanation about all the material we had on the blog already, as we’ve been posting steadily five days a week almost every week for seven years, the reader was surprised again.
That night, I reviewed my recent post on Facebook in which I asked our followers there what topics they wanted to see us write about. To my surprise (my turn, I guess), almost all the suggestions were topics we had covered already, often in depth, such as balance, breath, bone strength/osteoporosis, etc. So, that made me realize I should let our newer readers know about how much information we have here already on the blog and encourage them to learn how to search for information on particular topics of concern to them. (Of course, this doesn’t mean that I don’t want to hear your topic requests. I do! Very much! You can always email me at nina at wanderingmind dot com.)
In general, we have information on the following:
- Aging, what it is and what is known and not known about it in general. Also, details about how various parts and systems of your body are affected by aging.
- Yoga for Healthy Aging, what we mean by that and what it includes
- Anatomy Lessons
- Brain Health
- Cardiovascular Health
- Equanimity: Includes breath awareness, mindfulness, pranayama, meditation.
- Medical Conditions: Yoga for a very wide variety of medical conditions. Search by condition name. Also, general information about pain management, supporting the immune system and digestive system health.
- Emotional Health: Includes depression, anxiety, anger, grief.
- Sequences for all of the above and more: Look for “Featured Sequences”.
- Yoga Poses: How to practice specific poses. Search by pose name.
- Home Practice (including for traveling)
- Yoga Philosophy
- Yoga History and Sanskrit Lessons
- Breaking news in the yoga world, including the occasional rant
- Death (including grief)
And that’s just off the top of my head!
There are three ways to search on the blog, which you can find out about here. The three different ways to search are all explained in thorough detail with screen shots and everything because, guess what, I used to be a technical writer.
Probably the easiest thing to do is use the search box and type in the topic you are looking for. If the search doesn’t turn up anything, try again with a different phrasing or spelling. Also, if you’re brave, you can just keep scrolling through the posts, back in time, and see what comes up.
And if you want to find a particular author, simply put their name into the search box. Although we often have guest posters who write only one or two posts, our regular staff over the years has included:
Subscribe to Yoga for Healthy Aging byEmail° Follow Yoga for Healthy Aging onFacebookandTwitter°To orderYoga for Healthy Aging: A Guide to Lifelong Well-Being, go toAmazon,Shambhala,Indie Boundor your local bookstore.
For information about Nina's upcoming book signings and other activities, seeNina's Workshops, Book Signings, and Books.