I am such a big fan of turmeric I first started out using it for inflammation when I hurt my back. But beauties let me tell this spice has some many benefits including skincare!
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties. It is used to help heal and prevent dry skin, slow signs of aging, diminish wrinkles, and improve skin’s elasticity! Wait, it does all of this… YES and more!
What Is In Turmeric That Is Good For You
Turmeric has been used in India for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb. The plant’s intense healing power primarily comes from Curcumin, its main active ingredient. Curcumin is packed with anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory firepower that promotes an incredible range of healing benefits. Although it only takes up 3% of the plant, companies will extract this and concentrate the compound into a nutritional supplement.
How Turmeric Can Benefit Your Skin
As mentioned above turmeric has some great antioxidant properties and this is why I love to implement it in my skincare routine. Turmeric has many beauty benefits, for example...
- It is high in antioxidants that can slow down cell damage.
- It’s great to use to exfoliate the skin.
- Improves skin’s texture
- It helps with inflammatory skin conditions, such as acne, dry skin, psoriasis, and eczema.
- It helps reduce pigmentation and even out the skin tone.
- Great for anti-aging
Turmeric DIY Face Mask
While there are tons of skincare products out there. I do like to make my own DIY mask with capsules, like those from Turmerical. One of my favorite Turmeric DIY skincare masks is the Yogurt, Honey, and Turmeric Face Mask. See below how to make this awesome mask.
- Combine the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Stir until the ingredients are completely mixed.
- Apply the mask to your face using a soft brush. (A CLEAN old makeup brush works great)
- Relax and let the mask sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off with warm water.
- This can stain so be careful when preparing and using.
Other Uses Of Turmeric
Regular intake of Turmeric Curcumin has been scientifically shown to naturally reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels, prevent deteriorative brain diseases such as Alzheimers and cancer, promote weight loss, improve digestive health, and significantly reduce chronic joint pain and Arthritis. How can one supplement have such a powerful impact across such a broad range of health conditions? The magic is in its life-altering anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
Here are a few other ways turmeric can help your body according to Turmerical.
- Increase brain function and lower risk of brain disease
- Lower your cholesterol and risk of heart disease
- Reverse aging and improve skin health with powerful antioxidants
- Reduce chronic joint pain and pain related to Arthritis
- Improve your memory
- Promote weight loss